4 Lessons From A Beach Vacation
I’d love to tell you I’ve been busy lately, but I haven’t. I took a week long beach vacation with my family. Not just my immediate family. Almost everyone. Parents, Grand Parents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins. There were 8 kids under 8. Crazy right?
Who, in their right mind, would pay money to stay in a house with 18 other people they’re related to? I would and here’s why:
- Conversations are better on the beach. We didn’t have anywhere to rush off to, so we took our time and had thoughtful conversations about everything under the moon.
2. Food tastes better at the beach. Not too much to add to that. That probably relates to the time aspect.
3. I am surrounded by absolute rock stars in my family.
- Faithful, God-centered people
- Amazing parents
- Selfless people who always ask, ” what can I do to help?“
4. The most important rule on vacations is – There are no plans. We take each day at a time and savor it
During this week I left everything work related, both day job and dream job, and I put it on hold. I didn’t read much of anything, I didn’t listen to any podcasts and I didn’t write anything. I did only one thing… I relaxed. I recharged more than my batteries, I recharged my soul.
I didn’t come away from the trip with some great epiphany but I did come back ready to keep traveling down this path that is leading me to the next step.
What do your vacations do for you?
Get the latest Updates
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.